• Ultra rare South African progressive album from 1974
• One of the rarest VERTIGO label releases
• Fully authorized
• Limited, gatefold, deluxe exact reissue on 180g vinyl
• Expertly remastered from the original analogue mastertapes
• First ever official exact reissue
Chimera is Duncan MacKays first album. It is considered to be a milestone in keyboard driven 70s progressive rock music.
Chimera was originally released on the South African VERTIGO label in early 1974. Original copies are very sought after by collectors and are among the rarest and most expensive ones of the VERTIGO SWIRL / SPACESHIP label worldwide.
After this album, Duncan MacKay moved to the UK and became famous for his participation in Baker Gurvitz Army, Colosseum ll, Cockney Rebel, Camel, Budgie, Alan Parsons Project and even the first 3 Kate Bush albums.
Limited edition, gatefold, deluxe 180g vinyl, from the original analogue master tapes, exact reproduction of the original first pressing.